We Swapped Hair Care Routines 💆🏼💆🏿
– Hey Naturally Curly world, I’m Evelyn. – And I’m Grace. – And in this video, we are going to swap hair care routines. I know. (jazzy music) – I’m scared for the light
fluffiness of my hair because I’m pretty sure
Evelyn’s products are like shampoo with a heavy shampoo, condition, another conditioner, a third conditioner, and then like some kind
of butter probably. Butter in my hair? – I’m imagining Grace is gonna have me use a lot of mousses. Things that are basically
just air in different forms. Maybe like a hair spray which is air, a mousse which is like wet air, and then like a whip which is
like slightly more dense air. So.
(laughing) – Like I’m gonna have
to shampoo it all out at the end of this and
then re-style my hair. – I’m expecting my hair to be
really dry and tangled, but, you know, we do this for y’all. For your entertainment and enjoyment. (jazzy music) – Detangle damp hair with conditioner and wide-tooth comb. Twist each section after you detangle it. (laughing) – My hair is easy to detangle
so I usually do it dry. Do you use a brush?
– Yeah. – A brush? – Yep. SheaMoisture Damage Rehab Conditioner with olive leaf extract and avocado oil. It’s just too much oil. Getting my hair damp. I’m gonna put conditioner in my hair before I shampoo it. (laughing) – I mean. I use a quarter-sized
amount for each section. – Oh my god. – She doesn’t divide
her hair into sections so I’m just gonna…
(laughing) Let’s maybe get the back, cause the back, you know, there’s not much hair back there. – I fully expect my hair
to actually be completely straight after this because
it’s so weighed down by product. – Get these edges. Kinda hurts. (laughing) I’m looking at Grace like, am I doing? – As you can see, this is kind of… ♫ Strings for days (jazzy music) – Her shampoo, Elucence,
bomb, okay, I’m with you. Her conditioner is Deva Curl. Bomb, this is the weightless
waves version, which, but I mean it can’t be horrible. Conditioner is conditioner. Right? – Wash your hair with shampoo,
still in those twists. My hair’s not gonna stay in
the twists when I shampoo. – Wash my hair and condition it. And not detangle it. Cause that’s what I just did, right? – Mm-hmm.
– God! – I’m gonna go wash my
hair with this shampoo, this Damage Rehab shampoo. It also has oil in it so, I’m not gonna look like a wavy anymore, my hair’s gonna look like it’s straight and the internet’s gonna hate on me because they’re gonna be
like, “Your hair’s straight.” And I’m gonna be like, “No, it’s wavy, “Evelyn weighed my hair down
with her 15 conditioners! “And her shampoo that’s
basically a conditioner!” (jazzy music) – The shampoo, fabulous,
I use that shampoo. The conditioner, it felt like creamy air. – Unravel twists, already done, my hair did that to itself. And apply deep conditioner,
let sit for 30 minutes. Hydration Elation, pretty sure I already have enough hydration. Intensive Conditioner. How much should I put in? – [Evelyn] Just a nice dollop. – She said a dollop. – Per section.
– Per section? – The curly tee towel and you just plop your hair on top of your head. My hair is already on top of my head. (jazzy music) – I hate you. Oh god. Scrunch a nickel-sized amount. First off. I can do more?
– Yeah. – Okay. – I’m not allowed to scrunch. Evelyn was like, “No scrunching.” And I was like, “Okay,
it’s gonna be straight.” See, I just did it. – Okay, so we have the
Deva Curl Wave Maker. Touchable texture whip,
what did I tell y’all? Dense air!
(laughing) – Quickly rake through hair, rake through? I am going to put Mane Tamer leave-in cream. (jazzy music) – That’s good.
– Goodbye waves. Goodbye! – I’m scrunching! Dang, I can’t emulsify no product? – Curl cream, sculpts and defines curls. Just way too much product. – I watched Grace – this is what she do. She just does this. – Shoestring fry hair.
(laughing) Thank you, Evelyn. At least Evelyn’s hair is dry AF probably. – Spray volume spray onto roots. SheaMoisture Dragon’s Blood
Volume and Lifting Spray. You can’t see my roots. I have to like forage for them. I need some volume here. Maybe some volume… In this root. – Shake? I have to shake my hair? This is how she does
it, I’ve seen her do it. (laughing) And then sometimes she does this. (jazzy music) Diffuse my hair. (sighs) – I am going to blow
dry without a diffuser. (laughing) – I feel dumb! And now we have to use some
Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion. Which has salt in it. As if my hair wasn’t dry enough. Just like two sprays?
– Like four. – One, two, three, four. – [Grace] That’s it. – Am I beautiful?
(laughing) (jazzy music) – Okay. – Um. I mean, you tell me. – At one point while I was blow drying I couldn’t tell whether or not it was wet or just had so much product in it that it was that greasy and stringy. – The scrunching gave me this shape. I don’t think it’s a shape
that I would necessarily rock. – Absolutely no wave definition. As predicted, my hair is
extremely weighed down, dull and straight. – It is just a little too dry for me. Thanks so much for watching. In the comments below,
let us know what you use to style your curls, coils and waves. – And don’t forget to
like, share and subscribe for more videos from us,
see you in the next one. – [Both] Bye.